Wednesday, March 17, 2010

On my mind....

A few things have been on my mind lately thought I would share....

First of all Spring break is about a day away, this is exciting. Im so ready for a break from school and to be at home for a while. Im looking forward to fishing, messing around the house and playing golf.

Speaking of golf, I played a few weeks ago and managed to break my pitching wedge, not out of anger, I just hit the ball it the club felt the need to break....

I graduate in about 50 days plus or minus a few days, not sure, but I am sure its close!

God has been teaching me alot of late and I have come to to some new understandings/ questions to ask myself and I thought I would pass them on:

Luke 19:10 "for the Son of Man came to seek and save the lost" This is/was the mission and purpose of Jesus. So, I pose one question, If we are saved and have the Holy Spirit in us shouldn't our mission and purpose also be to seek and save the lost? and if so, what can we do better or more to further this in our lives?

Matthew 6: 19-21 "do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy t and where thieves break in and steal, but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. for where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." I can not begin to count how many times I have stored my treasures on earth, but I do not know why I have done so, I cant take any of what I have on this earth with me when I go to heaven. I do not understand why I would make my treasure on earth when I can be storing up treasures in heaven, treasures that will make a difference and last for an eternity. So I have been trying to focus on where I'm storing up my treasures. I want to be more focused on eternal things than on the things of this world. Where are you storing your treasures?

Just some thoughts... take um or leave um....

and if someone actually reads this, thanks

be cool

4 comments:

OliviaK said...

I read this!
You're such a theologist.

Have a great spring break!!!!!

jarnold said...

ill read it on occasion, when i want my thoughts provoked.

Beth Ann said...

You are becoming a better blogger than me! ha/ha Maybe I'll pose a few thought provoking questions one of these days, but I'll have to think of them first...just so you know we are definitley cool here in V-Town! Have a good day!

tmac1687 said...

Good stuff look, always. I need to be reminded of those things on a daily basis. Luke 16:19-21, is so easy to understand but for some reason really hard to live out. Keep on bringing it, peace.

What are you doing in your picture? My guess is skipping rocks but not real sure. I guess I can just ask you next time I see you.