Sunday, February 21, 2010

rant or rave ?

Well, the Olympics have pretty much been dominating my life for the past week or so. As a result I have decided to let you in on a few of the things that I have observed/learned/felt

1. Figure skating... while as impressive as it may be, it just drives me insane it can not keep my attention. The same goes for ice dancing. Can they not find a way to allow the men to be a little more masculine?

2. Curling... the only sport that requires no physical fitness but can still capture the heart-beat of America! but seriously, how awesome is shuffle board on ice! I'm pretty sure that I could be an Olympic curler!

3. Hockey.... USA USA USA!!! I usually am not into hockey, but with the Olympics I am an instant fan of all sports! Our men's and women's hockey team have been dominating and I predict them to continue to do so! USA USA!

4. Skiing.... I love love love skiing and am completely fascinated by the downhill (all of them), and ski jumping. Both of them are so tight. Shout out to Boddie Miller, what a turn around from 4 years ago!

5. Speed skating.... Love Apollo, do not love those Koreans that were skating.... and Shonie is tight too!... nuff said

6. Snowboarding.... Shawn White is sick, he is unreal.... In a perfect world I would be better than him, but we would still be friends... just sayin


on another note... I have found myself learning a lot about prayer lately. I find it very interesting that the disciple only really ever asked Jesus to teach them one thing, and that was to pray. I think that they asked Him for this because everything else they could learn from watching Him live His life. They didn't have to ask how to love others, or how to serve the poor, or to share the good news with others because they saw how Jesus did this and could see how he did it and were able to learn from seeing Him do it. They asked Jesus to teach them to pray because they saw Him pray, and saw the power that His prayers had but they could not reproduce this in their lives so they asked Jesus to teach them. So I've been asking God to teach me to pray as well, it has been an awesome experience!

I also think that it is interesting that we do not pray often. I would think that we would want to talk to the One who created everything more than we do. I believe the stat is that the average American Christian prays 2 minutes a day. Even if that stat is off, how often do you pray? Why don't you pray more?

I think that one of the reasons we don't pray more than we do is because we know that we are selfish in our prayers and we feel bad about it, so we just don't pray at all. We don't pray more because we can not get past ourselves in our prayers. Just some thoughts, I have found this to be true in my life. If it is true on yours I challenge you to ask God to teach you to pray as Jesus prayed... it has blown my mind and changed my whole prayer life!

that's all for now

peace

1 comment:

Beth Ann said...

So let me just say I love you LUKE! You (as well as your blogging sister) can write a post that makes me laugh out loud and really question my actions as well. I can only pray Jones turns out to be a great guy like his cousin, Luke. Okay was that a little too sappy for you?