Monday, January 30, 2012

Are you willing to die?

As we all know Martin Luther King JR day was a couple of weeks ago. What I want to share here tonight is some thoughts that came out of reflecting on the great, influential life that he lived.

"A man who won't die for something is not fit to live" - Martin Luther King JR

"No one really knows why they are alive until they know what they'd die for" -Martin Luther King JR

These two quotes lead to me asking myself two very important questions that have been very heavy on my heart the past couple of weeks.

Would I really die for Christ?

and

How does this change the way I live?

The answer for me on that monday was Yes, yes I would die for Christ. But over the past few weeks the answer yes hasn't been good enough for me, I want to be certain without a doubt 100% sure that YES, I WOULD DIE FOR CHRIST. So Ive been doing some soul searching, talking to God about this and asking His Spirit to strengthen me into a man that is steadfast just as He is and is unchanging just as He is and is a rock for Christ everyday. It has been a good journey and I am glad that I was given a gut check.

My answer on the first day was yes, I will die for Christ and it certainly is still the answer, but I am very glad that I was able to ask myself that question and strengthen my relationship with Christ through these quotes and questions.

I hope that they challenge you (if anyone reads this) in the same way that they have challenged me and that your walk with God will be strengthen as well

For those that do, thanks for reading!

Luke

No comments: