Sunday, January 29, 2012

I am horrid at this....

In a perfect world I would update this blog at least once a week so that all of yall (my mom) could read it and know all kinds of cool shenanigans about my life.... Well this isnt a perfect world, so I dont update this every week... Blame Adam and Eve, not me its their fault its not a perfect world not mine. So somewhere around one blog every 2 or 3 months will have to be good enough for the 1 of you (my mom) who reads this thing. However, I would like to make some more time and blog more often.

I would love to catch yall up on life, but seing as the last time I blogged was in september, even with my boring life, it would take to long. Maybe one day I will come back and share with you all and you can see what I have been up to since then ( I know that I still need to come back and blog about some more of my trip to Ethiopia)

But the thing that I wanted to get on here and write about (because it helps me to process things) is the simple but HUGE truth that I have been learning since about september and am still processing. It kind of haves two parts, but ties into one... kinda... thats why I am writing it, to...you know... to help me process it.

I know, I know your all out there on the edge of your seats saying what is it that Luke has figured out that is so huge? Well to most of you there is good chance that it isnt even that big of a thing and you have known it for years, I wish this were the case for me but its not. This is one of those things that I have known for a long time but never really grasped or understood until recently. What is it, you ask?

Our Joy comes from our obedience. Our obedience comes from our understanding of Christ's love for us.

Simple, I know.. but I have never really understood until recently and man, has it ever made a difference in my life.

I have, for the past 5 years, been growing in my understanding of Gods love for me, it has been great. I have been fascinated by the Love that he shows me and by the grace that he shows me, it absolutely blows my mind that I can do nothing to change the wy that he views me. He loves me the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow and his love is immeasurable, steadfast and well, it just blows me away (that is enough about that, if you look hard enough I would imagine that you could find a blog on here about the love of God)

I have been growing in my understanding that our obedience to what God has called us to do (Matt 28:18-20, Acts 1:8, Mark 16:14-20, Luke 19:10) comes from a right understanding of his love for us and have learned that as I grow in my understanding of his love for me my desire to obey/serve him becomes greater as it should. (when we really understand what all that God has done for us and the Gospel it is impossible to not serve him and the best thing about is that God desires to have a relationship with each one of us! It truly is a beautiful thing! (once again I could go one, but im pretty sure there is already a blog on that subject on here)

The part that I have learned the most/been the most blown away by since around september is that when we have this understanding an are being obedient to Christ and living a life where we have an intimate relationship with the Father, I have found that from this obedience is where my JOY comes from! My joy truly is in Christ and in my relationship with Christ, a real relationship with Christ, not just a Dear God, I need this, this and this done. Ill see you at Church sunday relationship. A relationship that operates like a real relationship, where because of the love that I have been shown and because of the grace and goodness that has been shown to me by the Father, I have a desire to love him back and to serve him and do things to make him known and show off what he has done for me.

As I am doing this a couple of things are happening, 1) I am carrying out His calling in my life, in that I am making him known and taking him to the world 2) I am reflecting on the good that He has done for me and what all He has brought me through and the love that He shows me! and this in turn 3) causes me to repeat steps 1 & 2 all the more. It is a beautiful cycle that I am thankful that I have come to realize in my life!

Im sure that some of you have understood this for a long time and are thinking, goodness Luke that is something that I learned a long time ago I cant believe that you are just now getting it (if anyone even reads this far, if you did thanks!). Well, I will say this I have "known" these things for a long time but never really applied them to or fully understood them, I figure its better late than never.

If you have known this or are just beginning to understand this whole concept I encourage you to share it with other, boucne ideas off of each other, that is the best way to learn things and really grasp them!

If you are still reading, thanks, if you are no longer reading I dont blame you this is a long post

Luke

No comments: