Something for us all to chew on:
We as Christians are to "store up our treasures in Heaven, not here on earth." I have been thinking about this and what it looks like?
I have heard, and am sure that you have also, the story of a man who was very fatigued and using a staff to walk, he was walking across a remote piece of property, and as he was walking along his walking stick hit something hard in the ground. This object stirred his curiosity, so he investigated a little and found that this object was actually a treasure box full of gold coins. The man was very excited. He wanted to keep the treasure for himself but he knew that he could not just take it, as it was not on property that he owned. So he buried the treasure and went back home. He had to figure out a way to get this treasure, so he thought that he would buy the property. One small problem, he didn't have enough money to buy the property. So he thought that he would sell every possession to be able to buy the property with the treasure on it.
This man was willing to sell everything he had, in order to obtain the treasure that he had found.
Now lets put a spin on this, lets say that we are the man in the story. We are wondering through this thing we call life and one day we find a treasure. This treasure is the Christ and the Love that he passes on to us.
Are we willing to sell off everything that we have just so that we can obtain the treasure that we have available to us?
Chances are that we have received a portion of the treasure, but are we experiencing the fullness of the treasure that we have found?
Are we willing to rid ourselves of all of our possessions to obtain all of the treasure that we can obtain in Heaven?
Just some thoughts, take them or leave them....
6 comments:
Love you Luke! You're the best!!
yay!
okay you are WAY beating me at this blog thing. I guess I'll think about updating soon.
maybe.
loveyou!
Good stuff. Keep on keeping on, bro.
Has someone been reading "The Treasure Principle"? Perhaps in discipleship? :) Not that I was eavesdropping, but I saw Jon pull out that book, which he gave me a copy of a year ago and I (oops) haven't finished yet, but I remember how convicting that story was.
Glad to know that you have a blog, too.
Sam, yes thats where it came from..... everyone else, its good to know someone actually reads this thing...haha
Good stuff, this is my first time to come across this thanks to Twitter.
Post a Comment