Well, this post is mostly for fun!! I don't think that I have ever post twice in one week, much less two days apart..haha.
Just to let yall in on a little of my life, i have completed all of my projects for the semester and all I have left is finals. It feels great to be done with the semester long game simulation that I have been doing in my Agribusiness Management class. However, I do not like the fact of finals lingering next week. All this being said, I am not stressed about the upcoming week, guess I realize that there is more to life than school , that my priorities are straight. Not to say that I don't care about my grades, I would say that I care to much still, just not letting myself stress over it. As long as I prepare and do my best, I'm happy. So that's next week, oh yeah did I mention that I have all 5 of my finals in the first 3 days of finals, starting next Thursday finishing on Saturday (that's right the U of A finds great joy in ruining the weekend of every student the week of finals) That should be a fun little 3 day stretch, haha!!
But what I am excited about is going down this weekend! That's right, tomorrow night (Friday) we (CRU) are having our annual Barn Dance!! ah yeah!! and then on Saturday night, Jeff and John Michael are having the tacky Christmas sweater party at their house!! shaping up to be a great weekend!!
I will leave you with this:
We hear it all the time in the Christian world: That we are to live a missional lifestyle. Yes, I agree with this 100% and think that we all can get better at doing so! And this is what I want to hit on. So often we think that to live a lifestyle of missions we have to be overseas, in a town we dont live in, on a mission trip.... I do not think this is the case. I believe that God has all of us on a great mission trip everyday of our lives.... what you ask, that simple, if you work its your work place, if your a student its your campus, get the picture? You see, wherever we are, whatever we are doing there are always going to be people in our scope of influence that we can impact for Christ.
So I challenge you to take a look around you in class, at work, at the gym, wherever you are and ask yourself what can I do that I am not already doing to show these people the love of Christ, what can I do to share my Faith with these people, what can I do to serve these people!! After you ask yourself these things, dont just go along like nothing ever happened, take some steps of Faith and act on these things. I think that you will be blessed and grow through doing so!!
Hope everyone is having a blessed day!! Man I just love this time of year!!
4 comments:
luke! happy to see your blog. congrats on being done with stuff, good luck with exams, great word on lifestyle of missions, and yay for this weekend's double dose of awesome. -noel
Hi Luke!
So I know we don't know each other well, but your tweet inspired me to take a look at the blog. (I figure if if this were a monumental post - twice in one week - I'd hate to miss something :)
I love what you said about the missional lifestyle and finding ways to minister daily. That's how Jesus did it, right? It's silly that we'll take a short term trip to share the gospel with strangers every day for a week, yet we'll go an entire semester without sharing the gospel (or so much as really CONVERSING) with the kid that sits next to us in class.
But I also wanted to mention more about the missional perspective, since it's what I'm cuckoo about. :)
IN ADDITION to ministering daily to those around us, we still need to be mindful of the WORLD around us. God has a HUGE heart for EVERYONE on the planet, and that's evident in over 1500 verses in the Bible.
Example: Everyone knows the first part of Psalm 46:10, "Be still and know that I am God;..." But no one seems to care to finish the verse, "...I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth." The WHOLE earth...
Every people group is going to be around the throne praise our Heavenly Father with us, but there is such a great need in so many places overseas.
Bear with me... almost done. ;)
But you're right: to live a Missional lifestyle doesn't only mean to live overseas, like you said. In Matthew 9:38, Jesus commands his disciples to intercede on behalf of the unreached. If we are His disciples, we need to be praying for the 2.8 Billion that live in a areas with NO access to the gospel. We need to be supporting (FINANCIALLY and prayerfully) those that ARE willing to go overseas, etc.
John Piper said, "Go, send, or disobey." (I know JP isn't Jesus, but he's wise, and I definitely agree with him. :)
Luke, I'm sure you've heard all that before, so I'll get off my soap box now. Forgive me, for I always end up writing more than I intend. I just couldn't help it; like I said, mobilizing is what I am PASSIONATE about. :)
Luke, you're a cool dude. Glad the end of your semester is wrapping up alright.
Be a blessing!
Sarah, I never said that goin on mission trips were a bad thing, i think they are great and i encourage everyone to go. (in CRU our motto is Win, Build, Send) so yes go, please go and if you cant go help others go! but the chances of everyone always being gone on mission trips is slim, so be mindful of the mission field that you are on everyday. I feel that most people take the mission field that we are on, on a daily basis, for granted. and i believe that is a shame. it sure not what God wants us to do
all that being said, i 100% agree with what your saying. I in no way am trying to downgrade reaching the nations, that is a high priority!! and hey thanks for reading!!
oh, and noel
im glad to know that there are actually people reading this thing.. haha
rock on for great weekends!!
Post a Comment