Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Thoughts on Worship...

Worship: 1. The reverent love and devotion accorded to a deity, idol, or sacred object. 2. ardent devotion, adoration

Glorify: 1. To give glory, honor, or high praise to, to exalt. 2. To give glory to, especially through worship.

I'm not real smart but from these definitions that webster so graciously gave me it appears that if we are glorifying something we are also worshiping that object.

1 Corinthians 10:31 says "So, whether you eat, drink, or whatever you do, do it for the glory of God"

If I'm putting all this together correctly it seems to me that when we glorify God in all we do we are also worshiping God in everything that we are doing!

So I guess I want to relay to anyone that might read this is that there is more to Worshiping God than a Sunday morning, night or Wednesday night song service. If we truly have a "reverent love and devotion" for God it seems to me that we should be in a constant state of worship! Everything we do should be an act of worship to God!! Worship should be a lifestyle not just an act we do when we are at church or a camp. Certainly we worship when we are in those places but they should not be the only place we do worship the Lord. Worship should be a lifestyle!

I'm still working on this in my life, I know it is how its meant to be and am asking Christ to help me make it that way!

If you read this thanks...


In other news, my cousins and I went floating last weekend this is the attire we felt suitable seeing we were in Missouri and all....




be cool my babies

3 comments:

noel said...

glad you're back.
great post.
greater picture.
the best part though, was for sure the sign off...

Anonymous said...

I tend to agree with Noel. The picture is hard to top. But the post manages to do just that. Great thoughts. Good to hear your blogging again.

leah marie. said...

ugh. update already.