Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Things on my mind...

CAUTION: This type of post has the possibility to get long...

I feel like I have so many things that I could talk about, Ministry on campus, what God is doing in my life, whats going on in my life, football, the Razorbacks, ect. however I believe that I will not bore you with all of those at this moment, or I may, we will see where this post goes...

First of all, I feel like God has taught me so much in the past month that I have been doing ministry on campus. I have learned a lot about myself, I have learned that I still find myself into falling into thinking that I can do things on my own strength. This is one of the biggest lies that I could ever tell/convince myself of. The reality of it, as I am learning more and more, is that I can do nothing in my own strength and that the only way that I can accomplish things and see success is to allow and ask Christ to do the work through me and in me. This is such a simple concept and yet I am so stupid/selfish/prideful to think that I do not need help/strength/empowerment from Christ.


In Colossians 2:1-5 Paul writes to them saying that he wants them to know how much he is struggling for them and the church at Laodicea, and that he is suffering so that they may know and understand the love that Christ has for them so that they may experience freedom, wisdom and knowledge. This passage has been great for me to meditate on and think about. I do what I do so that others may experience the fullness and greatness and love and understanding and freedom and peace that I experience as a follower of Christ. Yes I will suffer, will I suffer like Paul did? who knows, but whatever suffering I do it is well worth the suffering when we see people come to Jesus or grow in their walk with Christ! That is why I do what I do, to see lives changed for Christ, whatever it may cost us or inconvenience us.

It's late, I'm getting sleepy, so I'm done.

P.S. I'm glad that it is football season and that hunting season is just around the corner

Be cool my babies

Luke

No comments: