Hello,
Today I got to go to the bank here and exchange some good ol american dollars for some birr, it was an experience...just like the rest of the day. It has been so neat to get to see and lean the culture here so far!
It took neatly an hour to exchange the money, I fit in well here because there is no real schedule and its very laid back (also the fact that I make a lot of the decisions may help as well.. haha) After the bank I went back to the hotel and got breakfast with the team and one of the national staff here, he also accompanied me to the bank. After breakfast we were supposed to start our meeting at 10 but didnt until 12, because of Ethiopian time Feyissa (national director ) was 2 hrs late. haha thats just the way it is over here and I like it! Feyessia is an incredible man of God and spiritual truths just flow from him. He is such a blessing! He is a funny man as well. He filled us in on the ministry here and the culture, giving us pointers on both. Let me just say that we are surrounded by a great opportunity here, God is on the move in a big way, exciting!
Once Feyissa was done talking to us we got in a bus and went to lunch a restaurant that serves the traditional nation food (very interesting and lets just say that Im not the biggest fan of it) the food was an experience. However the food was not as wild as the bus ride, there are no traffic rules. Americans would have a million wrecks a day if we had the same traffic situation. I believe I enjoyed the bus ride more than most of the team.
Once we got back to the hotel we just relaxed and some of the team went on a walk around addis, we then met for a time of worship and devotion before dinner and games!
It has been a good day and we are looking forward to many more like it! We will be headed to Bahir Dar Monday, cant wait but am enjoying the time we have here in addis getting to know the team and all! Please continue to pray for the team and I and the requests I mentioned yesterday!
In His Love
Luke
P.S. the bonehead move is that I need to charge my computer while over here to keep up with the finances of the trip and all. Well I was smart enough to bring a power converter but not smart enough to see if the converter had a 3 prong plug in... it dosent and my computer charger does (it also has a shorter cord that goes with it that is two prong but its in good ol Arkansas)... I will try and remedy this problem tomorrow
For now I will sleep
Thanks for the prayers, they mean a ton!
Luke
1 comment:
Hey Luke, thanks for the update. Hope you can find an adapter. -Shawn
Post a Comment